New Ball Park Lays Cornerstone In New York
Back in January 1912 the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team of New York got a new owner who promised a new stadium for the team.
On July 6, 1912 the cornerstone for a new baseball stadium for the Brooklyn Dodgers was laid on Bedford Avenue between Montgomery and Sullivan Streets. President of the Brooklyn Diodgers Charles Ebbets promised the park will the most up-to-date venue for baseball in the country. Before the Connecticutt granite cornerstone was put into place, many baseball and Dodgers related item were placed inside including newspapers, baseball cards, telegrams from US President Taft, New York governor Dix, New Jersey governor Woodrow Wilson and New York City mayor Gaynor. The Dodger now play at Washington Park. Their new park will be ready September 1st.